Have you noticed any problems in your vision lately? Do you find it difficult to see things clearly? Like it or not, it could be time you get prescription glasses from your eye doctor. Here at Aloha Eye Clinic, we provide glasses and contact lenses to our patients in Wailuku and Kihei. We also educate people on when they need to have their eyes checked and measured for lenses.
Telltale Signs You Need Glasses
The only way a certain eye condition can be identified is by consulting an eye doctor. However, you can detect early signs of a problem. Here are some signs that you need to schedule an eye exam:
- Difficulty seeing things in the distance
- Blurring of close-up vision, also known as presbyopia; this condition calls for reading glasses and is common among older people
- Difficulty seeing at night
- Difficulty in seeing things both close up or at distance, a condition known as astigmatism
- Difficulty adjusting one’s eyesight from dark to light environments
- Having trouble working or reading on your computer
- Having double vision
- Frequently suffering from eye fatigue or eyestrain
- Suffering from frequent headaches
- Seeing halos surrounding lighted objects
Common Vision Problems
Some of the most commonly diagnosed vision problems among people experiencing the symptoms mentioned above are farsightedness, nearsightedness, presbyopia, and astigmatism. Most people have one of these vision issues. While you can fool yourself into thinking your vision hasn’t changed, that’s not a wise thing to do as the condition can worsen without attention.
If you have been experiencing one or more of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (808) 877-3984 for our Wailuku office or (808) 442-3058 for our Kihei office to request a consultation with one of our eye doctors at Aloha Eye Clinic.